Midwest Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midwest Wrestling Alliance

Home of the Best Wrestlers in the Midwest

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JCJ vs El Jefe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jayseejay
MWGay
MWGay
jayseejay

Activity Points : 25

JCJ vs El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: JCJ vs El Jefe   JCJ vs El Jefe Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sir RegalKock III
QUEEPS!!!!!
QUEEPS!!!!!

Activity Points : 37

JCJ vs El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCJ vs El Jefe   JCJ vs El Jefe Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Two things: I'm planning on watching this and writing out feedback tomorrow, and also I love your avatar there. haha
Back to top Go down
jayseejay
MWGay
MWGay
jayseejay

Activity Points : 25

JCJ vs El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCJ vs El Jefe   JCJ vs El Jefe Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir RegalKock III
QUEEPS!!!!!
QUEEPS!!!!!

Activity Points : 37

JCJ vs El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCJ vs El Jefe   JCJ vs El Jefe Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Here we go...

-Neat beginning spot. That's sort of similar to an idea I had recently, but haven't been able to attempt yet. The throw thing, that is. Good selling on your behalf, too. You're not selling like you're in a lot of pain, just like you're surprised, and that's the way it should be. Good shit man.

-I wish dude brah had gotten a little bit more in before you cut him off there with the atomic drop/lariat combo. Good combo, but it looked kinda sloppy... probably because of the take, but ya know....

-I love your ability to just find holds. Haha. You always seem to turn kick outs and stuff into weird submissions. I think that's great.

-What a dangerous lariat he just threw at your mouth... Jeebus. A little more selling on his part would've made that whole sequence look better... He was afterall, JUST in a hold. He ought to be a little groggy. Not dead, but a little bit slow. Also, for comeback punches like that, work on making them each mean something. That's where the timing comes in... Hit one good looking punch, and let the heel sell it for a second. Then hit another good looking one, and so on. That way each one looks good, and it's not just an awkward series of slaps to the stomach.

-Definitely should have been a pin after that lariat. NEVER wait for your opponent to just get up. Ever. I mean, there are times that it can make sense, but the beginning of the match is not one of those times. If you hit someone and knock them down, go for a pin. You are trying to WIN aren't you? If you're in control in a fight, the LAST thing you want to do is give your opponent time to recover. Stay on him. That will help you avoid awkward standoffs like that.

-You had the right idea with that cut off by going low. I've always been told that if you ever get lost, go low. A good high knee to the gut ALWAYS works as a cut off, and it's easy to sell on the spot if you are lost. Plus, then you have a nice big piece of back meat to pummel with a forearm. Haha. TNA/savate kicks usually work too... When in doubt, go low.

-Mkay, so this isn't your fault at all, but it's worth mentioning. When you take a suplex, you aren't just doing a frontflip... When you take a suplex, what you should actually be trying to do is stick your feet straight up in the air. Now, snap suplexes and stuff like that are a little different, but if someone just sets up a regular suplex, post off of their left hip/stomach/chest area with your right hand, push your feet up towards the sky, and kinda flew your ass to keep them straight. The thing about suplexes is, people don't usually call them, and if they do they just say "suplex," and don't bother to say "stalling suplex" or "snap suplex" or whatever. So if you aren't certain what kinda of bump your about to take, it's usually safe to assume that you should just post yourself straight up and down, and wait for them to drop you. It may even be a good idea to practice suplex lifts on each other. Just lift each other up into a suplex position and try to just balance each other for a second before setting each other back down on your feet.

-If you're going to kick out of a pin, KICK OUT. This is something that I'm kind of a stickler on. You need to get your shoulder OFF the mat, and make sure everyone sees that it's off the mat. Don't just lazinly throw your arm up. Get your WHOLE body into it. Kick your leg, and THROW your shoulder up. It's a BURST of energy. I promise you, kick outs are VERY important to making wrestling look good. Watch any match, and pay specific attention to the kickouts. You'll know which ones are done well and which ones are lazy, and it'll make a difference to you. I'm a strong believer in the "call it shoot" method of reffing, and it makes it a WHOLE lot easier for refs (especially inexperienced refs) to tell if that was 3 or not.

-Jump higher on that Tyler Black face stomp. Good heel move, for sure... Make it look GREAT now. It looks good, but I think you can do it better. Keep that in your moveset though, imo.

-THAT is how you fucking KICK somebody! Hell yeah man! That kick was great! The snapmare could've been cleaner, but that kick was AWESOME. haha. So many people do a spinal tap kick, but so few people do it well.

-I, for one, pop for headscissors... I don't know why, but I love seeing a good headscissor. Haha

-I wish there had been a better reversal of that headscissor. Plan those hope spots for the newer guys... Those are the spots that are going to make or break them as a face, so they need to be good. Too bad about that botch, too... That spot would've been pretty neat.

-Good cover! Clearly that didn't hurt, so why would you sell it? Good. Don't. Haha. Kick him. That stomp you did there was neat, too. I don't knnow if that was a conscious thing or not, but I thought it looked really good with the leg slap and all...

-You have excellent er... base presence. You look comfortable when you wrestle. That's VERY good. Being comfortable in a ring or on a base is SUCH an important part of wrestling, but it's impossible to teach. You just have to have it, or get it. You can do cool stuff and have good matches, but if you look awkward in the ring, it'll always look sloppy.

-No more falling lariats. MY fucking move! haha. Looked good, though. And I'm just joking. I'm totally in favor of several different people doing the same moves, actually. Then there's always the whole "who does it the best" situation and then you can have matches based around the move for ownership of it and so on and so forth... Matches based around one moe are sweet. haha. We should have a match for the falling lariat.

-Dead sell much? Haha. You should've hit like a quick slam or something before setting up whatever this spot is on the tires... Even just a quick lucha slam or something.

-Good leg drop... I can't believe you guys work on those tires like that. Haha. So gnarly.

-LOVE IT. TAP OUT! TAP OUT!

-Okay, good. Big bump out of that submission, could've been a little smoother getting there, but ya know... Good. One thing I was told that Chris Hero and Delirious are sticklers on is the big spot pin. By that I mean, it's a big spot, or whatever, so you have to sell it yourself... but you also want to win, and you need to pin him quick, so after a big move like that, it's good to sell that you're still hurt, but once you sell for a second to show that, get to the pin QUICK. And pin DEEP. You're trying to WIN, again... Laying on them isn't gonna do it. You need leverage. In theory. haha. Plus, you're excited... you FINALLY hit your move! This HAS to be it! BIG PIN!

-ahem... kick out better.

-Mr. Jefe needs to work on his move execution more than anything, I think. That dropkick could have been VERY effective if had looked better. A good dropkick ALWAYS works. Haha. A bad dropkick will ALWAYS make you look like a buffoon. Clean it up.

-Two things. ALWAYS left, even with a gutwrench... and YAY! appropriately timed low blow!

-I have no idea what just happened, but it was cool looking. Haha. The snapmare driver reversal into death spot thing... coolsauce.

-Oh... That was the finish? Aright. I mean, realistically there's no reason he should have won that match considering how much work you did on him compared to the work he did to you... But strong finish, I think. Would've preferred some nice falseys or something, but ya know... I think that would totally fly as a finish in a pro match. haha.

Overall, I think this was pretty much what I was expecting. You working someone green, with all the usual symptoms. However, with that being said, you carried him well. Which is good. Every fed needs to have someone or some people that can carry people. I'm one of those guys. I can have a good match with fuckin anyone. And that's what helps those green kids get to where they need to be. I wish I could say this was good, but it was kinda meh for me honestly. There were some strong spots and some weak spots, but you already knew that. My best advice would be for you to keep being good at what you do and keep getting better, and to work with the greenhorn to get him on your level. Hopefully as soon as the weather and my wallet permit, I can make it down and do some training stuff with you guys, but I think I pretty much covered all of the bases in the feedback up there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JCJ vs El Jefe Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCJ vs El Jefe   JCJ vs El Jefe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JCJ vs El Jefe
Page 1 of 1